Cast your mind back to when you were a kid and your mother poured Magic Shell over your ice cream. Remember how you watched in amazement as the chocolate sauce hardened over the ice cream? It was oh-so delicious but (and here’s the adult point of view) Magic Shell is filled with lots of bad and processed ingredients.
Try this super-easy treat that literally takes two minutes tops to make—with only two organic ingredients. Why not test it out this week and surprise your family on Valentine’s Day to keep the chocolate theme going?
- Coconut oil (any organic brand)
- Chocolate chips (any organic brand—if you’re allergic to cow dairy like I am, Costco sells amazing dairy-free organic chocolate chips)
How to make:
- The ratio that works is 2 parts coconut oil to 3 parts chocolate. For a serving, start with 2 tablespoons coconut oil and 3 tablespoons chocolate chips.
- Combine the two ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Be careful when checking the mixture because the oil heats up faster than the chocolate. (We don’t want any accidents when making this sinfully delicious treat!)
- Stir until smooth and drizzle over ice cream. Have the kids watch as the chocolate sauce hardens right before their eyes. Voilà! It’s that easy. You’ll have an instant hit on your hands that will leave the kids asking for more.
For information on the ratio of ingredients to make enough of this yummy stuff to fill a mason jar that keeps in the pantry or fridge, please visit One More Moore.
Too good to be true? Try it and let us know what you think.